To end homelessness and hopelessness with everyone God brings us – to foster justice, and build bridges of reconciliation.
Good News Partners is the #1 champion for the quality of life and a concierge partner to those in transition in the city of Chicago and the North of Howard neighborhood. We believe that God has directed Good News Partners to be light for those in need throughout the city of Chicago. Not just a light for the moment, but a guiding light into the future. A force that drives change. We have a vision to elevate ourselves, those who are in need, and those who are without hope to God’s Standards. We provide desirable, dignified housing for those in transition.
- We believe everyone should have a home at a price they can afford. Our housing continuum meets residents where they are.
- We are commited to being good neighbors and will create a solid anchor to prevent the total displacement of low-income families.
- We are committed to increasing the beauty of our properties in a way that honors and respects residents.
- We value honesty, communication, transparency, creativity, diversity, fun, and working for the Lord.
- Good News Partners is a faith-based, Asset-Based Community Development organization (ABCD), in the North of Howard Neighborhood.
- We focus on housing, education, and economic development.
- We do not try to fix other people or solve their problems. Instead, we focus on empowerment and partnership.
- We recognize one another’s gifts, talents and experiences and work to enhance each person’s responsibility and potential.
We all have something to teach and much to learn. At Good News Partners we know we all need one another for our community, our city, our nation, our world’s optimal health.
As a faith-based ministry, we seek to embody the hope, freedom, opportunity, community, and justice God intends for us all. We welcome everyone -- especially people often discriminated against because of race, gender, economic condition, religion, sexual orientation, or national origins.
Good News Partners began in 1976 as our Rogers Park youth and other interested members of our community aspired to a better future. Together, we learned about the struggles of poverty and racism, but also courage and resilience. We realized that for our youth to thrive, our entire community needed to be a place of support and resource. We began then to seek ways to make hope tangible. In 1980 we purchased the Jonquil Hotel, once a haven for drugs, prostitution, and gangs. Since then we have rehabbed hundreds of units of housing, and established a shelter, rental housing, homeownership cooperatives, as well as jobs, tutoring, and youth programs.
Over our history, Good News Partners’ mission has remained constant: to create safe, affordable and reliable housing, and to help build confidence and community simultaneously. Good News Partners (GNP) is a faith-based community organization that strives to bring about conditions in which hope, justice, responsibility, and reconciliation flourish in Chicago’s East Rogers Park North of Howard neighborhood. GNP provides affordable housing for otherwise homeless families with a step-by-step transition from interim housing to independent living. Our housing options include:
- New Life Interim Housing, a 36-bed shelter for otherwise homeless women and their children
- A large single-room occupancy (SRO), the Jonquil, accommodating 58 families
- 2nd stage and GNP subsidized rental housing
- 60 units of co-operative housing affordable for families with low and very low income
In addition, Good News Partners has created programs to support our children and youth to grow in their social, academic and personal capability. Together, the GNP community works to create an empowering, nurturing environment so positive changes in education and family dynamics can take place in the lives of the children and their parents.